- Gemini Home
- Telescopes and Sites
- Science Visitors at Gemini
- Observing With Gemini
- Future Instrumentation
- Queue and Schedules
- Data and Results
- Image Library
Change page style:
Data and Results
This section provides information about Gemini data. All queries regarding Gemini data should be made through the Gemini HelpDesk. For problems specifically with the Gemini IRAF package, please first look at the Data Reduction Support page before submitting a HelpDesk request.
1. After the Data are taken
- New Data Notification: Nightly email notification of new data.
- Quality Assessment: Criteria used to assess data quality, and associated header keywords.
- Science Archive: Includes data distribution details and instructions for retrieving calibration data.
2. Understanding and Processing the Data
- Understanding the Data Formats: Brief description of Gemini's multi-extension FITS format.
- Getting Started with Gemini data and the Gemini IRAF package.
- Processing Software: Portal to the Gemini Data Processing Software.
- Data Reduction Support and Known Problems with the Gemini IRAF package.
- Data Workshops: Summaries and links to Gemini data related workshops, including data reduction tutorials.
- Data Reduction User Forum: User-supported location for trading ideas, scripts and best practices, and taking part in user-driven public discussions of data reduction processes and strategies.
3. Publishing Results
- Gemini Publications: Papers by Gemini users and staff.
- Acknowledging Gemini: How to acknowledge Gemini data, including archival data.
4. Providing Feedback
- PI/Observer Feedback: Gemini requires that all queue and classical PIs provide feedback in order to monitor data quality and observatory performance.