Gemini North operations will be affected by Hurricane Madeline. Hawai‘i Island is currently under a Hurricane Warning as of 11AM, Tuesday, August 30th.
- No Observing Wednesday night
- The data center will be shut down before the close of business Wednesday
- The Phase I Tool (PIT) will not be available for download and it will not be possible to submit proposals (2017A, FT, PW, DD) until the data center is back online
- First possible observing will be on Thursday night
- Gemini's website is operating from a mirror due to a precautionary shutdown of the Gemini North datacenter: http://www-sbf.gemini.edu
We will update about Hurricane Lester later in the week. View more information in our general announcements, including when the data center will be back online.
News Archive Filter
The GEMMA Podcast
A podcast about Gemini Observatory and its role in the Era of Multi-Messenger Astronomy. Featuring news related to multi-messenger astronomy (MMA), time-domain astronomy (TDA), our visiting instrument program, and more through interviews with astronomers, engineers, and staff both here at Gemini (North and South) and abroad.