The 2012B Phase I Tool (PIT) has been released as part of the 2012B call for proposals. This is a completely new PIT with the following major changes:
- Completely redesigned interface
- Text sections (eg. science justification) are written using LaTeX or Word tempates and attached to the proposal as a PDF
- Guide star evaluation is automatic and no guide stars need to be entered
- Automatic GSA duplication checks
- Proposal documents (xml files) are not compatile with previous versions
New help pages and video tutorials are available. Proposers are encouraged to download and become familiar with the tool well in advance of the proposal deadline (March 29 - April 2, depending on the partner with which the PI is affiliated).
The 2012A PIT should continue to be used for 2012A director's time and poor weather proposals.
News Archive Filter
The GEMMA Podcast
A podcast about Gemini Observatory and its role in the Era of Multi-Messenger Astronomy. Featuring news related to multi-messenger astronomy (MMA), time-domain astronomy (TDA), our visiting instrument program, and more through interviews with astronomers, engineers, and staff both here at Gemini (North and South) and abroad.