- Extreme adaptive-optics (AO)
- Contrast ratios of 106 (at separations of 0.2–1", in 1-hour)
- Total wavelength range = 0.9−2.4 µm
- Coronagraphy (APLC)
- Direct (no APLC)
- Non Redundant Mask (NRM)
- IFU (R ≈ 40)
- 2.4" square field of view
- 0.014" per lenslet spatial sampling
- YJHK spectral ranges (K band is split)
- Dual channel polarimeter (full field)
- bands (Y, J, H, K1 or K2).
Get the contrast
GPI has been built by a consortium of U.S. and Canadian institutions, funded by the Gemini Observatory, which is an international partnership comprising the U.S.A., U.K., Canada, Australia, Argentina, Brazil & Chile. The GPIES campaign is partially funded by NSF, NASA, the University of California and the Laboratory Directed Research and Development funding at the Lawrence LIvermore National Laboratory.