Professional and Educational Tours
Gemini makes every effort to accommodate teacher/student groups and professionals involved in activities related to astronomical research/engineering. A minimum of two weeks notice is necessary for all tour requests and we are not permitted to provide tours for commercial (for-profit) groups. Gemini cannot provide transportation and other restrictions apply (such as age and health).
(w/ Hilo as assumed departure city)
- 11:00 Depart Hilo
- 12:00 Arrive at mid-level facilities (HP/VIS)
- 12:45 Safety briefing at HP/VIS
- 1:00 Departure for summit
- 1:30 Arrive at Gemini
- 2:30 End of tour/ on your own
1.5 hr or greater travel time back to sea level.
Request A Tour
Select A Tour Type From The Dropdown Above
Let us know if there is anything else we should know when considering your request, for example:
- Name of Gemini staff member you'd like to lead your tour
- Specific areas of interest
Your Tour Request Has Been Submitted
A tour coordinator will be contacting you as soon as your request has been reviewed.