- Gemini Home
- Telescopes and Sites
- Science Visitors at Gemini
- Observing With Gemini
- Retired Instruments
- Visiting Instrument Policy
- DSSI Speckle Camera (North)
- TEXES (North)
- Integration Time Calculators
- Adaptive Optics
- Magnitudes and Fluxes
- Near-IR Resources
- Mid-IR Resources
- Observing Condition Constraints
- Performance Monitoring
- SV/Demo Science
- Future Instrumentation
- Queue and Schedules
- Data and Results
- Image Library
Change page style:
The primary reference to be cited by users of GeMS are:
- " GeMS: first on-sky results "F. Rigaut et al., SPIE, 2012, Vol. 8447, pp. 84470I-84470I-15
- " Science Readiness of the Gemini MCAO System: GeMS" B. Neichel et al., SPIE, 2012, Vol. 8447, pp. 84474Q-84474Q-24
A more comprehensive paper is under preparation, and will replace this two current citations.
Other useful documents
Publications on GeMS
- "The Gemini South MCAO laser guide star facility: getting ready for first light" C. D'Orgeville, F. Daruich, G. Arriagada, M. Bec, et al.
- "GeMS: Gemini Mcao System: current status and commissioning plans" M. Boccas, F. Rigaut, D. Gratadour, C. D'Orgeville, et al.
- "The Gemini MCAO bench: system overview and lab integration" M. Bec, F. Rigaut, R. Galvez, G. Arriagada, et al.
- "The Gemini-South MCAO operational model: insights on a new era of telescope operation" G. Trancho, M. Bec, E. Artigau, C. D'Orgeville, et al.
- "A Sample of GeMS Calibrations and Control Schemes" F. Rigaut, B. Neichel, M. Bec, M. Boccas et al.
- "Calibration of the MCAO Canopus Bench" A. Garcia-Rissman, F. Rigaut, M. Bec, M. Boccas et al.
- "Reconstruction Strategies for GeMS" B. Neichel, F. Rigaut, M. Bec, A. Garcia-Rissman
- "MYST: a comprehensive high-level AO control tool for GeMS" F. Rigaut, B. Neichel, M. Bec, A. Garcia-Rissman
- "The Gemini MCAO System GeMS: nearing the end of a lab-story" B. Neichel, F. Rigaut, M. Bec, M. Boccas et al.
- " Gemini South MCAO on-sky results " F. Rigaut et al.
- " Gemini Multi-Conjugate Adaptive Optics (GeMS) Laser Guide Star Facility Commissioning Results" C. D'Orgeville et al.
- " Rayleigh scattering, Fratricide effect and spot elongation: first on-sky results with GeMS" B. Neichel et al.
- " First results on a Cn2 profiler for GeMS" A. Cortes et al.
- " Vibration characterization and mitigation for GeMS" A. Guesalaga et al.
- " GeMS: first on-sky results "F. Rigaut et al.
- " Science Readiness of the Gemini MCAO System: GeMS" B. Neichel et al. ( " power point presentation " )
- " Results from the commissioning of the Gemini South Adaptive Optics Imager (GSAOI) at Gemini South Observatory " R. Carrasco et al.
- " Gemini South multi-conjugate adaptive optics (GeMS) laser guide star facility on-sky performance results " C. d'Orgeville et al.
- " Design of frequency-based controllers for vibration mitigation at the Gemini-South telescope " A. Guesalaga et al.
- " Improving stability, robustness and performance of Laser systems " A. Guesalaga et al.
- " New results on a Cn2 profiler for GeMS " A. Cortes et al.
- " Atmospheric turbulence profiling using multiple laser star wavefront sensors " A. Cortes, B. Neichel, A. Guesalaga, J. Osborn, F. Rigaut and D. Guzman, MNRAS, Volume 427, Issue 3, pp. 2089-2099, 2012
- " Comparison of vibration mitigation controllers for adaptive optics systems " A. Guesalaga, B. Neichel, F. Rigaut J. Osborn, and D. Guzman, Applied Optics, vol. 51, issue 19, p. 4520, 2012
- " Characterization of the sodium layer at Cerro Pachon, and impact on laser guide star performance " ,B. Neichel, C. d'Orgeville, J. Callingham, F. Rigaut, C. Winge and G. Trancho, MNRAS, 429, 3522, 2013
- " An upper limit to the sodium layer longitudinal and transversal altitude structure function from MCAO data " ,F. Rigaut, B. Neichel, MNRAS, 83L, 2013
- " Next-generations Adaptive Optics brings remarkable details to light in stellar nursery " 9th January 2013
- " Gemini Video Explains the Next Generation of Adaptive Optics " 3rd April 2012
- " Revolutionary Instrument Propels Astronomical Imaging to New Extremes" 5th January 2012
- " Special edition of the Gemini Focus June 2011
- " GeMS First Light: A New Generation of Adaptive Optics Begins" 17th June 2011
- " Gemini South Shines First Sodium Laser “Constellation” " 26th January 2011