Change page style:
Gemini North Hurricane Madeline Update
Gemini North operations will be affected by Hurricane Madeline. Hawai‘i Island is currently under a Hurricane Warning as of 11AM, Tuesday, August 30th.
- No Observing Wednesday night
- The data center will be shut down before the close of business Wednesday
- The Phase I Tool (PIT) will not be available for download and it will not be possible to submit proposals (2017A, FT, PW, DD) until the data center is back online
- First possible observing will be on Thursday night
- Gemini's website is operating from a mirror due to a precautionary shutdown of the Gemini North datacenter: http://www-sbf.gemini.edu
We will update about Hurricane Lester later in the week. View more information in our general announcements, including when the data center will be back online.