The GEMMA Podcast
A podcast about Gemini Observatory and its role in the Era of Multi-Messenger Astronomy. Featuring news related to multi-messenger astronomy (MMA), time-domain astronomy (TDA), our visiting instrument program, and more through interviews with astronomers, engineers, and staff both here at Gemini (North and South) and abroad.
GEMMA at conferences
High-resolution imaging of embedded massive star clusters and other science cases for the Gemini-North Adaptive Optics system
- Julia Scharwächter & Morten Andersen (Gemini Observatory)
- GNAO: an MCAO system for Gemini North towards Conceptual Design
- Gaetano Sivo (Gemini Observatory)
- GeMS 2.0: are we there yet?
- Eduardo Marin (Gemini South Observatory)
- Relocate Gemini Multi-Conjugate Adaptive Optics System from Chile to Hawaii: A feasibility study
- Emmanuel Chirre (Gemini South Observatory)
- Optical Design of GIRMOS, an adaptive optics-fed integral-field spectrograph for the Gemini telescope
- Tristan Chabot (Université Laval)
SPIE ANZCOP Proceedings [December 8-12, 2019]
235th meeting of the American Astronomical Society (AAS) [January 4-8, 2019]
New science opportunities with the next generation Gemini North Adaptive Optics facility
Chair: Célia Blain
- 9:30 - "GNAO - an MCAO system for the Gemini North Telescope"
- Gaetano Sivo (presented by Julia Scharwächter)
- 9:50 - "Science cases for GNAO"
- Morten Andersen
- 10:10 - "Understanding the Birth, Death, and Afterlife of Stars Using Astrometry"
- Jessica Lu
- 10:30 - "Probing the Time Domain with GNAO"
- John Blakeslee
- 10:50 - "Science with the Gemini IR Multi-Object Spectrograph"
- Roberto Abraham
- 11:10 - "GNAO astrometry as it pertains to cosmological parallaxes"
- Michael Pierce