Instrument Observing Blocks: 2001B
The schedules below
indicate possible instrument blocks for 2001B. They are subject to engineering demands on
the telescopes during this shared-risks phase.
- No restrictions on target RA.
- Available for imaging and long-slit spectroscopy after 1 November; only targets with
RA between 20h and 16h will be accepted.
- Available for multi-object spectroscopy (MOS) after 15 December; only targets with RA
between 23h and 16h will be accepted.
- Integral field unit spectroscopy not available.
- Likely to be scheduled as two two-week blocks during dark time in August and December.
No restrictions on target RA. (This is subject to the availability of the loaned
University of Hawaii near-IR camera, QUIRC).
- The 140 hours of available time is likely to be scheduled in two blocks of 7 nights.
This may be adjusted at the time of the ITAC depending on the highly-rated science
programs, the nature of Quick Response targets and engineering demands on the telescope
during shared-risks. No restrictions on target RA.
- Available for imaging and long-slit spectroscopy. Likely to be scheduled as one block in
September or October; only targets with RA between 16h and 9h will be accepted.
- Not available for multi-object spectroscopy.
- Likely to be scheduled as one block in November or December; only targets with RA
between 20h and 13h will be accepted.
Last update February 24, 2001; Phil Puxley