- Gemini Home
- Telescopes and Sites
- Science Visitors at Gemini
- Observing With Gemini
- Future Instrumentation
- Queue and Schedules
- Data and Results
- New Data Notification
- Quality Assessment
- Science Archive
- Data Formats
- Getting Started
- Processing Software
- Data Reduction Support
- Data Workshops
- Gemini Publications
- Acknowledging Gemini
- PI/Observer Feedback
Change page style:
Gemini Data Processing Software
Official Data Processing Software
The data reduction software approved for scientific purposes is the Gemini IRAF package.
- Announcements related to the Gemini IRAF package
- Description of the Gemini IRAF package
- Package Contents of the Gemini IRAF package
- Requirements for running the Gemini IRAF package
- Download the latest version of the Gemini IRAF package
- Releases and revision history of the Gemini IRAF package
- Development Plans for the Gemini IRAF package
Future Data Processing Software
A new Python-based platform for reduction of Gemini data is under development. The software has been in used internally to assist in the quality assessment of the data. It has not been developed for end-user, yet we plan to eventually develop that aspect too.
The data reduction pipeline is NOT for science quality processing, in particular the stacking routine has not been checked for flux conservation and photometric accuracy (also see Note 1 below). Use the Gemini IRAF package for science reductions. However, for Python programmers, the AstroData module is approved for science use.
The software is shared here simply to give people an idea of what is in the works.
- Announcements of gemini_python X1, first experimental release.
Note 1: The QAP-processed biases and flats are probably scientifically correct. However, their headers are not compatible with the Gemini IRAF routines and therefore are effectively rendered scientifically unusable.