bHROS Phase I (Proposal) and Phase II (OT) Checklists
Checklist for bHROS Phase I proposals:
The following checklist should be consulted when writing your bHROS Phase I proposal:
- Instrument Configuration:
- Is the proper fiber mode selected?
- Is the appropriate filter selected, if necessary?
- Guide stars
- Have you made certain than an OIWFS guide star is selected?
- Are the baseline calibrations sufficient? If not, what additional calibration data are required for your program?
- Has sufficient observing time been requested for additional calibrations?
- Observing time:
- Have you confirmed the exposure time and S/N using the information available on the sensitivity page?
- Did you account for your requested observing conditions in your exposure time estimates?
- Are overheads included in the time requested in your proposal?
- Have overheads been included for additional calibrations?
- Observing conditions requested (for queue-scheduled observations):
- Is the expected image quality sufficient for your program? What is the minimum image quality necessary for the science?
- What level of cloud cover is acceptable? Is photometric weather required?
- Is dark time required?
- Note the product of the probabilities of each of the conditions listed above. You might wish to reconsider the minimum requirements of your program.
Last update August 30, 2006; Steven Margheim