- Gemini Home
- Telescopes and Sites
- Science Visitors at Gemini
- Observing With Gemini
- Retired Instruments
- Status and Availability
- Nod and Shuffle
- Spectroscopy Overview
- Long-slit Spectroscopy
- Multi-Object Spectroscopy
- Mask Prep. Intro
- Mask Design
- Mask-making Software
- Mask Checking
- Mask Deadlines
- Observing Strategies
- Integral Field Spectroscopy
- ITC, Sensitivity and Overheads
- Guiding Options
- Observation Preparation
- Data Format and Reduction
- Interface Specs for VI
- Visiting Instrument Policy
- DSSI Speckle Camera (North)
- TEXES (North)
- Integration Time Calculators
- Magnitudes and Fluxes
- Near-IR Resources
- Mid-IR Resources
- Observing Condition Constraints
- Performance Monitoring
- SV/Demo Science
- Future Instrumentation & Current Development
- Queue and Schedules
- Data and Results
Change page style:
GMMPS v1.0.4 released
This version supports all GMOS-N and GMOS-S detector configurations (and also Flamingos-2 once its MOS mode is commissioned).
We highly recommend to update to this latest version.
This will bring you more efficient and fully compatible mask design.
Gemini may reject masks designed with older versions of GMMPS.
- New interface with increased user friendliness
- Numerous bugfixes
- More efficient slit placement
- More accurate visualization of chip gaps and the area where slits may be placed
- Internal consistency checks (e.g. if alignment stars are too close to field boundaries or detector gaps)
- Simplified installation procedure
- Version check upon start
The binary release includes executables for the following operating systems:
- Fedore Core 14 32/64 bit
- RedHat Enterprise 5 32/64 bit
- Ubuntu 10.04 32/64 bit
- Ubuntu 14.04 64 bit
- CentOs 6.5 32/64 bit
- Mac OS X 64 bits (compiled on 10.9.5 with native C/C++ compilers)
The installation script (install.sh) for the binary release will automatically identify your system.
If no match is found it will link against binaries that work on your system.
If that fails, you have to install GMMPS from its sources (install_sources.sh).
- Skycat v3.1.2 (GMMPS is a plugin for skycat)
- Gemini IRAF package (to create the input object tables)
The Gemini Mask Making Software is built on the ESO/VIMOS Mask Preparation Software, after agreement with European Southern Observatory. The software was modified for GMOS use by Jennifer Dunn (NRC, Canada), Dustin Fennell (Univ. of Victoria) and Craig Allen, Bryan Miller, and Mischa Schirmer (Gemini).