MCAO Science Workshope
Science Case Contribution Form
To insure uniformity and consistance in the science case discussions and
science case report that will result from this workshop, please use the following
form for your proposed science case.
- PI + collaborators and institution
- Background Science
- Proposed observations
- Instrument requirements (field, spatial and spectral resolution, wavelength coverage)
- Sensitivity requirements
- Target density
- Time requirements
- Guide star availability
- Advantages over AO (try to quantify)
- Could this program be done with classical AO field of view (10-30") ?
- Is this program enabled by MCAO ? In what sense ?
- Does this program need a very uniform image quality ?
- Is this program benefiting from the gain in angular resolution or from the
gain in sensitivity (or both) ?
- Complementarity with other future facilities (ALMA, NGST, ...)
Last update September 2, 2000; Francois Rigaut