- Gemini Home
- Telescopes and Sites
- Science Visitors at Gemini
- Observing With Gemini
- Future Instrumentation
- Queue and Schedules
- Data and Results
- Data Formats
- Data Characteristics
- Processing Software
- Automated Pipeline
- New Data Notification
- Quality Assessment
- Science Archive
- Workshops and Conferences
- PI/Observer Feedback
- Gemini Publications
- Acknowledging Gemini
Change page style:
The Gemini Data Processing Software suite aims to includes data reduction software for all facility instruments. Currently, the publicly available software is the Gemini IRAF package which is organized mostly according to instruments.
As part of the effort to create a Quality Assessment Pipeline and a new platform for user data reduction, we are developing more generic tools able to handle data from multiple instruments. This direction will facilitate long-term maintenance, expedite the development of software for new instruments, and offer a more uniform interface to the user.
The Recipe System, the new platform at the the center of both the QA Pipeline and the new user software is implemented in Python. New tools are being written, and when needed, legacy IRAF software can also be used transparently.
Already the Recipe System is being used internally every night by the QA Pipeline. We are planning on making the platform available to the users once we have streamlined the installation procedure.
Here is a list of some on-going projects:
- Flamingos 2 - Data reduction software for the Recipe System
- GSAOI - Data reduction software for the Recipe System
- GMOS - Compatibility with Hamamatsu CCDs
- QA Pipeline - Reduction and QA metrics measurements for GMOS long-slit
- "Unified Release" - A system to streamline installation of astronomical software
- IRAF 2.16 Compatibility (beginning of 2013)
- FLAMINGOS-2 - Data reduction for early users, CL package (beginning of 2013)