- 2016B Programs and Schedule Announced
- Gemini Home
- Telescopes and Sites
- Science Visitors at Gemini
- Observing With Gemini
- Retired Instruments
- Visiting Instrument Policy
- Visiting Instrument Telescope Interfaces
- DSSI Speckle Camera
- TEXES (North)
- Integration Time Calculators
- Magnitudes and Fluxes
- Near-IR Resources
- Mid-IR Resources
- Observing Condition Constraints
- Performance Monitoring
- SV/Demo Science
- Future Instrumentation & Current Development
- Queue and Schedules
- Data and Results
- Gemini Research Staff
Change page style:
The primary references to be cited by users of GPI are:
Design Reference Documents
The following two design documents contain a wealth of information on the instrument, its capabilities and modes.
- Operational Concepts Definition Document - Science overview, drivers and requirements, observing scenarios
- Functional & Performance Requirements Document - performance requirements at the top level and broken down by subsystem
GPI Data Reduction
Our team published a series of ten papers at the 2014 SPIE Astronomical Telescopes & Instrumentation meeting discussing in detail our understanding of GPI data and its analysis as of six months after first light. Readers are strongly encouraged to take a look!
- GPI Observational Calibrations I: Overview of the GPI data reduction pipeline. by Perrin et al.
- GPI Observational Calibrations II: Detector Performance and Characterization. by Ingraham et al.
- GPI Observational Calibrations III: Empirical Measurement Methods and Applications of High-Resolution Microlens PSFs. by Ingraham et al.
- GPI Observational Calibrations IV: Wavelength Calibration and Flexure Correction for the Integral Field Spectrograph. by Wolff et al.
- GPI Observational Calibrations V: Astrometry and Distortion. by Konopacky et al.
- GPI Observational Calibrations VI: Photometric and Spectroscopic Calibration for the Integral Field Spectrograph. by Maire et al.
- GPI Observational Calibrations VII: On-sky Polarimetric Performance of the Gemini Planet Imager. by Witorowicz et al.
- GPI Observational Calibrations VIII: Characterization and Role of the Satellite Spots. by Wang et al.
- GPI Observational Calibrations IX: Least Squares Inversion Flux Extraction. by Draper et al.
- GPI Observational Calibrations X: Non-Redundant Masking on GPI. by Greenbaum et al.
GPI Instrument Reference
Project Web Pages
- GPI Project Web Page - Main page for the GPI project, including links to technical publications