OT Release Notes: 2010A
The first version of the 2010A OT was released on December 4, 2009. The most significant changes from the previous version (2009B) are summarized below:
- Modified instrument components and iterators
- Michelle componet - correct behavior of the static component and Position Editor visualization for medN and echelle modes
- GMOS component - added a Phase 2 check to ensure that imaging observations are binned 1x1, 2x2, or 4x4; pre-imaging should be 1x1 or 2x2
- Updated telescope offsetting overheads for all instruments
- Updated overhead calculations for NIFS, Phoenix, and NICI
- Flamingos-2 component updated to support ongoing commissioning
- GSAOI and Canopus guide probe visualization added to the Position Editor in preparation for commissioning
- User interaction and interface features
- It is now possible to deactivate all guide stars for a given probe from both the target component and the Position Editor.
- Guide probe states for different offset positions are remembered when all stars for a probe are deactivated and are returned to the previous states when re-activated. Note that the states are lost if all the guide stars are deleted from the target component.
- Bug fixes
- Fix setting of Michelle observing wavelengths in offset iterators
- Remove restriction on the number of entries displayed in the timing window table