- Gemini Home
- Telescopes and Sites
- Science Visitors at Gemini
- Observing With Gemini
- Partner Subscription
- Observing Modes
- Observing Overheads
- Proposal Submission
- 2013B Call For Proposals
- Phase II and S/W Tools
- Changing Approved Programs
- Advice for Band 3 Programs
- What to expect
- Telescope Time Charging
- Future Instrumentation
- Queue and Schedules
- Data and Results
Change page style:
PIT Hot News
2013 March 26
The an updated version of the 2013B PIT (2013.2.2) has been released with the following changes:
- Fix guide star query configuration so that guide star likelihood calculations will work for all users.
2013 March 1
The 2013B PIT (2013.2.1) has been released with the following changes:
- TEXES and DSSI (Speckle camera) visitor instruments have been added to the list of available instruments
- It is now possible to enter the name of any new visitor instruments that are proposed for use. Please read the visiting instrument policy before applying to bring an instrument to Gemini.
- The RA/Dec visibility limits have been updated.
- When a proposal from a previous semeter is imported the user is notified of changes made during the translation to the current semester.
2012 August 31
The 2013A PIT (2.1.2) has been released with the following changes:
- GSAOI has been added to the available instruments
- GSAOI automatic guidestar evaluation has been included and will indicate whether a Canopus guide star asterism is available
- Scheduling constraints are now entered in the Scheduling tab in the PIT rather than in the text attachment.
- A "Download" button on the Attachments line will open the web site with the LaTeX/Word attachment template files in a browser window.
- The mouse-over text explaining the guiding success probabilities has been updated to try to make the results clearer.
- There have been many improvements to the format of the PDF summaries
2012 April 3
An updated version of the 2012B PIT (2.1.0) has been released with the following changes:
- UTC time can be entered in non-sidereal target ephemerides
- The target list can be sorted by Name, RA, or Dec
- A TAC tab for NTAC rankings and comments has been added
- Bugs fixed in the creation of the PDF summary (Exchange instrument names, NOAO proposal number, sum of allocated times)
- Added support for relative as well as absolute for the PDF attachment. The attachment will be found if it is in the same directory as the XML file. This is mainly to facilitate NTAC proposal handling.
2012 March 1
The 2012B PIT is entirely new and improved. No code is shared with the previous Tool, and users are encouraged to get familiar with the new Tool well ahead of the proposal submission deadline. Some elements will look similar to the Observing Tool (OT).
Proposals for Semester 2012A Director's Time, Poor Weather or Science Verification need to continue to use the 2012A PIT until further notice (at least through June when a new OT will be released).