- 2015A Classical Schedule
- Gemini Home
- Telescopes and Sites
- Science Visitors at Gemini
- Observing With Gemini
- Future Instrumentation
- Queue and Schedules
- Data and Results
- Image Library
Change page style:
Using the Archive
OVERVIEW - Some brief help on GSA functionality can be found at the GSA web site under the 'Overview' link.
FORM HELP - Help on using the query forms including the format of queries etc can also be found at the GSA web site under the 'Form Help' link.
CALIBRATION DATA RETRIEVAL QUERIES - Quick link to the Gemini webpage describing how to locate different kinds of calibrations, particularly useful for older (previous to semester 2005A) programs.
QUERY HELP - Under the GSA drop-down menus (blue bar) are several query links. The main drop-down menu users of the GSA will use is the "GSA Queries" and the "" items. Under each of those items there are several entries. Briefly these do the following:
- Search for Science Data - Users can search the GSA for science data by coordinate or target name or other constraints. If the data is public (the proprietary period has expired) then the datasets can be marked and retrieved. If the data are still proprietary then the dataset is shown to exist but is not downloadable.
- Search for Processed Calibrations - Search the GSA for reduced/processed calibration files. Search by Gemini program ID (e.g. GN-2005B-Q-1) or calibration type (e.g. bias). The calibration table contains everything that has CALTYPE not equal to SCIENCE.
- Search Science Programs - Search xml science programs by Phase 1 keyword or title/abstract word, or PI/Co-I name etc.
- Search Observing Logs - Search for the observing logs (text
files) associated with a given program ID, date, dataset, etc.
- Find Weather Images - Find weather images for certain UT date/time or over period.
- Search Gemini Publications - Search the database of publications using Gemini data. The search can be constrained by PI name, bibliographic code, programme ID, etc. Users should be aware that population of the database is still incomplete, particularly in the aspect of associating publications to programs observed before semester 2005A.
- Retrieve Gemini SV Data - Takes you to the GSA SV data package page. All SV data packages are ingested in GSA and in the future SV data itself will be available in the same manner as queue and classical data.
Proprietary Data Access - Users with OT phase 2 numeric keycodes can authorize themselves to access their own proprietary datasets. Anyone (ANYONE!) with the Phase 2 numeric keycode can get access to the proprietary datasets associated to that program. If the Primary Investigator of a program would prefer to give a Co-I access to the data, but NOT to the Phase 2 definition of the observations, this can now be done using the "Access your PI data" option under this menu.
- Access your PI data - users with the OT phase 2 numeric keycode can authorize themselves and others to access the proprietary datasets using these forms.
- The form to the right shows the programs for which the user is the PI (in this context, anyone with the Phase 2 keycode). Selecting a program in the list and clicking the "View Membership" button allow PIs to grant (and revoke!) other CADC users access to the data without having to give them the Phase 2 code. The PI must first grant him/herself access by entering the Gemini Program ID and keycode in the blue form above, and must know the CADC userID of the person to which access is to be granted.
- The form to the left shows the programs for which the user has access to the data even if the proprietary periods have not expired. Selecting a programme and clicking the "List Datasets" button shows all SCIENCE datasets (OBSCLASS = science) in ascending order by date (flats, arcs and standards not displayed). Users can access the full list of files by clicking any of the links in the "All Program Obs." column. The "View Packages" button takes the user to the usual Data Package Retrieval page.
- Search for Science Data, Complete Catalog, Science Programs,
Obslogs - these pages allow searching all GSA data collection just as
the queries described above, but the datasets are now downloadable even
if the proprietary period has not expired, provided that the user has
been granted access to the corresponding program using the form
available in the previous item.